Anyone who’s worked with me knows I’m a passionate advocate for using professional, on-brand imagery in your marketing. The photos you use – from your portfolio to your headshots to your Instagram – provide a unique opportunity to connect with your dream clients and to create a cohesive, beautiful brand experience.
In our agency, we’ve made a point of prioritizing professional photography, and the investment has more than paid for itself. Not only are we consistently reinforcing the Ashley & Malone brand in a visual sense, we’re also demonstrating that we’re professionals ourselves, and we take our work seriously. Like everything in business, a successful brand is created with purpose and planning, and gorgeous images are the perfect way to reinforce our own!
It goes without saying that professional photography is the best way to showcase your work and build trust among your prospective clients. To take it a step further, here are five things to look for when selecting professional images for your marketing:
- Do the images complement your brand? Take a look at our Instagram. (No, really; I’ll wait!) I’ll bet you could tell right away the kinds of colors, as well as the general subject matter, that resonate with us. That’s not happenstance – we’ve curated every image we use, from social media to our own website, to be brand-centric. You can do the same when you select your images with the intention of supporting your brand.
- Is your work being showcased to its best effect? Wedding planners will likely want impeccable quality, on-site photos that document their most memorable events . Other creatives may select stunning, styled stock photography that can be customized to include their latest designs or product launches. Whatever platform you use to show off your talent, make sure it’s doing justice to your wonderful work!
- Does your personality shine through? Your brand should incorporate your personality, your style, personality, and the things you love – and so should your imagery! If visitors to your website or social media accounts can’t get a sense of who you are by looking through your photos, what’s the point? The goal is for someone to look at one of your images and, without knowing the source, immediately identify it with you and your brand.
- Do the images reflect a mix of authenticity and aspiration? As much as your photos should be a genuine representation of you, they also should pique viewers’ interest and make them swoon! Especially in stylish fields like weddings and events, fashion, and – yes – branding, images should really pop and leave people wanting more.
- Are your viewers inspired? Inspiration can mean a lot of things. Maybe they’ll be inspired to hire your company, or share your social media posts, or engage in a dialogue. The point is that you’re calling them to action, simply by choosing the right images for your marketing.